Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

13.5.17

Less is More week 328 - one layer card - spots and stripes


Hi LIMettes! It's a new clean and simple card making challenge with Less is More! This week we want you to make one layer cards featuring spots and stripes.

Our sponsor this month is Uniko.




This week I've got three cards to show you.

Card 1


This card uses an old and never previously inked stamp from Woodware called Best Wishes Doodles (JGS350). I chose it because it has spots and stripes included in the letter doodling - a lucky find! I coloured the sentiment with Promarkers and added some Warm Grey shadow.


Card 2


I hand drew the stripes at the edges of this card and coloured them with a black Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pen. The candles and sentiment are from My Favourite Things Make A Wish and the flames are done in Mustard Seed and Wild Honey Distress Inks.


Card 3


For my final card I masked a circle in the middle of my card base and inked round it in Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink. I used my Tsukineko Emboss Dual Pen II to do little dots around it which I heat embossed in white. The bunny is from My Favorite Things Snuggle Bunnies, and I coloured him with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens, matching the stripes on his t-shirt to the pistachio border and adding lilac. I used Light Grey to give him a shadow.


That's all, but do head over to the Less is More blog to see more DT cards and possibly some bonus ones on their personal blogs too. Thanks for stopping by!

26 comments:

  1. What a fabulous trio Esther! That first card is incredible with it's funky sentiment and I love that you kept the colours muted so that it keeps that CAS look - that stamp was a really lucky find. Then you surprise us with hand drawn stripes - so neat! The candles have a brilliant graphic poster look about them and the flames add that little bit of warmth to the card ('scuse the pun). Your little rabbit is such an adorable cutie and the delicate spots really add interest to the 'background'. Hope you have a fun-filled week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards, love them all but my favourite is your favourite as well. Love that wee little bunny and the soft blending and those wonderful glitter dots

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful trio of spots and stripes Esther. What a brilliant NBUS find for that first one and love the combo of hand-drawn stripes with dotty candles on the second one. Striking in black and white with just the flame to add some colour. That little bunny has stolen the show for me though! Incredibly even blending, superb masking and a love his little striped t-shirt and your delicate dots to the BG. Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my - I LOVE these, Esther! That Woodware sentiment got a well deserved outing for this theme and the second card is just fabulous. So graphic and crisp. I have been eyeing up those candles for ages and you have made up my mind :) Your hand drawn stripes look amazing - I really thought they were a stamp. The sweet bunny is really pretty - love the subtle dots and your inking round the mask is perfection, again, I thought it was coloured cardstock :) Have a fab weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such wonderful cards, Esther! I've been resisting to buy those MFT candle stamps and you are making it more and more hard to NOT to buy them... I especially love the way you did the flame two-tone. I'm loving the sentiment in your first card, I'm happy you found a way to use a "neglected" stamp -at least I am always so pleased when this happens in my own crafting! From your trio I think the last one is my fave -such soft, cute pastel colors that really complement the image + I love your self-made dots! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these Esther. Lucky you to find that NBUS stamp, which is perfect for this challenge. The bunny card is my favourite. So cuuute! Incredible ink blending and I love the heat embossed dots and the added shadow detail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of these cards...just perfect inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love your cards Esther. That Woodware stamp is just perfect for this challenge. My favourite is your gorgeous bunny card. I've been waiting for ages to get that stamp set and I finally got my hands on it last week but not had a chance to play with it yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely set - enjoy! Thanks for the kind comment :)

      Delete
  9. To not change, still a lot of inspiration in this post! Your cards are superb and I love your 3 designs so different! I have to say that I have a weak for this little rabbit with its sailor sweater and this beautiful green background with polka dots! For your first card you had the perfect stamp for the challenge and I love your soft colours ! I'm sorry for the late comment and I wish you a great week !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Esther, these cards are fabulous. The Woodware sentiment was perfect for this challenge and what a great colour palette you chose too. Your second, wow, fantastic effect with the stripes and candles in different directions, love the pop of yellows with the monochrome. Your bunny has won my heart, what an adorable image and your blending is terrific. Great way of adding the dots and your shading is great too. Fantastic work x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful selection of cards. I do admire your patience to do the spot embossing on the last card, but it is very effective. Love those candles and your hand drawn edges go so well with them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yet more amazing cards and inspiration again Esther, just love them all...esp. that cute bunny 😀 Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...