Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

6.5.17

Less is More week 327 - Grey/Yellow


Hi LIMettes and welcome to a new clean and simple card making challenge with Less is More! This week we want you to make cards using the colours grey and yellow. What a fab combination!

This week, although we're sad to be losing Jen off the Design Team for a while due to other life commitments taking over, I'm super happy to announce we have three new members on the DT. A big welcome to Izzy, Trina and Nonni!


Our sponsor this month is Uniko, and Bev of Uniko is our guest designer this week so do head over to check our her wonderful make.



I've got four cards for you this week.

Card 1


My first card uses the gorgeous Originally Organic Additions from Uniko. I stamped repeatedly round the outside edge of a panel, coloured the stems and flowers with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens, adding a light grey wash in the background. The top panel was cut with Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables, and the sentiment was stamped from the same Uniko set before popping it up on foam pads.


Card 2


This card took some masking... not my favourite technique due to the effort involved, but I do like the effect. I used one of the flowers from Altenew Botanical Garden and repeatedly stamped and masked it. I then inked lightly over the entire floral area using Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink. I added shading and leaf colour using my Derwent Academy Watercolour pencils. I then die cut two of the My Favorite Things Sentiment Label Strip, one in grey and one in white. I stamped a sentiment on the white one using Industrial Diamond from the Altenew Rock Collection Mini Ink Cube Set. I cut the grey one in half and layered it underneath the white one so it showed at the top and bottom edges. I glued everything together and rounded the bottom corners of the card.


Card 3


I went grungy and masculine for this one! I stamped the "scratch lines" stamp from Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection Bitty Grunge CMS089 set onto my card base in Pure Graphite from the Altenew Rock Collection Mini Ink Cube Set. I then stamped it again in Mustard Seed Distress Ink onto a piece of white card, and die cut the Winnie & Walter Happy die from it.I stuck this over the background, and stamped birthday underneath from Clearly Besotted A Little Sentimental. Quick and simple!

Card 4


My final card uses the Neat & Tangled Calathea stamps and matching dies. The leaves show through the negative die cut shapes and are stamped in Mustard Seed and Wild Honey Distress Inks, and Linestone and Silver Stone from the Altenew Rock Collection Mini Ink Cube Set. The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted A Little Sentimental.


That's all from me for this week, but do visit the Less is More blog to see more DT inspiration. There may some bonus cards on their personal blogs too. Thanks for stopping by!

36 comments:

  1. Oh my, Esther! What am exquisite collection of cards. The first one is gorgeous with the stamping filling the border. The grungy card is fabulous for a quick make and great for guys too. My eyes were playing tricks on me with your Calathea card, before reading the description the images looked like pebbles on the surface, I can now see that they are stamped on the inside! But your Botanical Garden card has stolen my heart, it's stunning. All that masking was worth the effort and the sentiment label die just adds so much class...LOVE! Thanks so much for your Happy Birthday wishes over on my blog too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flippin' 'eck Esther! You've rocked the challenge with all this lovely eye-candy. Wow! Where to start? I simply adore all the styles you created; clean, crisp and fresh on the first; delicate, enchanting and elegant on the second; arty, funky and free on the third and impactful, harmonious and contemporary on the last. What a hard act to follow! That is one amazing use of the challenge colours. Phew! you'd better have a lie down now ;-) Enjoy your week xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you have been super busy and have created some absolute stunners here, Esther! I don't know where to start :) I love the way you have used the Uniko stamp in the background of your first card and your masking is just amazing on your second card - it creates a really beautiful design. I love the scratchy card too....definitely one that I will try and the final card is just crisp perfection. I would be delighted if I made this many fab cards in a month, let along a week :) Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Esther these are so beautiful! You make the most wonderful clean and simple cards ! Love the colour tones xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comment Tracy! x

      Delete
  5. Oh la la ! Incredible and stunning array of cards Esther ! They are all gorgeous and it would be very difficult to say which one I prefer ! But where is your imagination going to draw all these brilliant creations ! Love the first one for its clean and fresh style, the second one for its delicacy and elegance, I love the grungy style of the third one and the last one is as much stunning as the others ! I'm like Anita, before reading I was seing pebbles so I double clicked on the picture and then I discovered it was stamped inside ! It's magic ! Thank you so much for your warm comment on my blog ! I'm also very happy to be part of LIM amazing team ! Have a lovely WE and a fabulous week !

    ReplyDelete
  6. The masking was worth the effort, it's an amazing card and your pencils added so much depth too. A lovely selection of cards with a second fav the bold background on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What delicious cards, and four of them - love the idea for the masculine one (so hard to do!) but card 2 with all that masking is possibly my favourite ...or maybe card 1.. or.......!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!!! 😱 My jaw kept dropping as I went through your collection of cards. These are fabulous Esther. So many great ideas and I love them all. You're right about masking. It's a lot of work, but your card turned out amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How amazing the wonderful variations you can do with just two colours. Very inspiring! They're all super beautiful and clean :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Esther! All your cards are so gorgeous and made with such fantastic products... Very hard to choose a favorite. Maybe it's the second card with masking and white heat embossing -such an elegant card, very beautiful! I know what you mean with masking being time consuming... I'm here in a crafting event and bought a new Altenew flower set -I've been stamping and cutting masks like a mad woman! But it has been fun with all the crafting company around to chat with while crafting. Results are to be seen in the blog next week. :) I also love your grungy masculine card, using a strip for the whole card length is one of my favorite CAS layouts. I'm so happy to be in the same team with you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards! The one posted on Less is More brought me right over here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh My Esther you're on fire here! I'm guessing this is a winning colour combo for you this week and you just couldn't stop creating. Eye-poppingly stunning and jaw-droppingly beautiful with each scroll down on the screen. I'm loving you you've used the Uniko set on the first one which is truly, as are the others. Gorgeous masking and all that effort was certainly worth it on the second one with a lovely sentiment to boot. Your masculine style scratchy card is perfect for so many occasions and I'm loving the simplicity but awesome style of your last one. An awesome showcase of your stash in greys and yellows. Have a wonderful week. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sarah, you too x

      Delete
  13. Crumbs....4 cards Esther! And 4 wowzer cards too. I'm with you on the masking - a lot of effort but the result is spectacular as are all your other cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised myself, Wendy! Had to have a sit-down afterwards ;-) Thank you!

      Delete
  14. Hola Esther, thank you for your kind comment.
    A great collection of cards, each original and different from the other, I love the first, is a perfect CAS card but with the edge of flowers, very original and the sentiment of the second is wonderful as well as the technique of masking. Gorgeous cards!!!
    A hug from Palma de Mallorca

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so beautiful and prove just why I love the color combo of yellow and gray! Your designs are simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow so many cards Esther! Love them all equally,this is such a lovely colour combo too 😀 Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...