Happiness is a handmade card

Pages

6.8.16

Less is More week 288 - Brown and Blue

Hi! Our challenge this week at Less is More is to create clean and simple (CAS) cards using the colours brown and blue.

We also have a new sponsor this month - a big thank you to Tara at Seven Hills Crafts!


Card 1


For this card I used Distress Inks to watercolour flowers in various shades of blue, mounted within a Kraft panel.




Supplies:

Kraft card stock
Arches Aquarelle hot press watercolour card
My Favorite Things Bundles of Blossoms background stamp
Inkssentials Watermark Resist ink pad
WOW! Opaque Bright White Super Fine Embossing Powder
Heat It Up! Blue Glass Embossing Powder
Distress Inks in Peeled Paint, Weathered Wood, Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean, Chipped Sapphire, Faded Jeans and Tumbled Glass
Water brush (brand unknown)
Sizzix Framelits circles 657551
Avery Elle Pierced Banner Layer Die

Card 2





This card uses My Favorite Things Beary Special Birthday stamp set and Die-namics, using lots of white texture for background visual interest.


Supplies:

Heavyweight 300gsm card stock
My Favorite Things Beary Special Birthday stamp set and Die-namics
Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables
Lawn Fawn Stitched Borders
Promarkers (Tan, Caramel, Burnt Sienna, Umber, Pastel Pink, Powder Blue, Arctic Blue)
Pentel silver metallic pen
Versafine Onyx Black ink
Memento Tuxedo Black ink



Do take a minute to visit the other DT blogs to see what they've made to inspire you:


Anita - Neet and Crafty
Chrissie - Simply One of a Kind
Sarah G - Funky Fossil Designs
Sarah P - Sazzle Dazzle Crafts
Sharon - From my Craft Desk
Susan - BlueFogStudio

Thanks for stopping by!

28 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable Esther! As always your talents and interpretation of the challenges stun me. You have the most awesome ideas. As well as other schtuff I'm now NEEDING that cross-stitch die that's behind the teddy bear!!!! Blogging eh!!! Retreating is even worse though!!! Hahaha! Have a great week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so wish I could have been at the retreat... maybe next time! Anyway, it's usually you and Anita putting stuff on MY wishlist ;-) Thanks so much for the lovely comment and have a great week yourself x

      Delete
  2. Wow, that first card is fabulous...the second one is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards! love the colours xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blue flowers look great - did you hand paint them or stamp them? Good job though. Not so sure about the brown card, but that's a minor quibble haha! Your patched teddy and the cross stitch etc are really attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great watercolouring on the first card Esther and I love that cute bear on the second card too. As ever a big thanks for all your lovely comments ;)hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your water colored flowers are so beautiful! And that bear is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - love these, Esther! It was inspired to use the brown panel with the blue watercolours and that bear is so cute. The cross stitch panel adds great texture whilst keeping it CAS. Two such different ways of using this colour combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Esther: Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my card this morning, like I said, I always feel like I never leave enough "white space" on my cards.
    But all of you gals always inspire me to keep trying, I look at your first card here, this dark card stock on a CAS card looks amazing but I'm always thinking "white space, white space" so I end up not even trying to use other colors, your impeccable flowers totally rock!!!
    Your sweet second card is adorable, love this little teddy bear, beautifully colored, love the cross stitch die, gosh!! I need to get me some of this dies!!!
    Big hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maria! I love that cross stitch border die too. It's so versatile! x

      Delete
  9. Both lovely cards Esther, but on the first, I love that you made your card colour the brown part of the challenge! Your collage of flowers in the centre are beautiful. Your second card is very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely love the contrast of the kraft card with those fantastically watercolored flowers Ester. Just stunning! Your cutie bear is a brilliant CAS card too - but why did you have to show us those dies behind the bear???? My purse will be very sore now. ha ha. Sorry I am so late visiting this week but it has been an absolute nightmare as far as time goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee hee, those stitched border dies are so useful! This is the first time I've used the cross stitch one and I loved it. Thanks for commenting, and hope your week gets a bit better!

      Delete
  11. Finally made it to you, been super busy as had mum staying for a few days and I've only had my evenings to catch up with her! I adore that cluster of blue flowers through your kraft aperture, a super idea. And fancy us both reaching for the bear set, I very nearly went with the balloon too but chose the other image at the last minute! Great minds, eh! ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you've had a lovely time seeing your mum :) I've found myself reaching for the bear set quite a lot these last few weeks - it's fab! x

      Delete
  12. Two stunning cards, Esther. I love the way you used the brown card to frame those beautiful flowers and your cute bear. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two gorgeous cards, beautiful flowers and adorable bear.
    Pauline
    x
    Crafting with Cotnob

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cards are so pretty! Absolutely love the color combo and design of the first one!
    And the second one is so cute and clean!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...